Ukraine is located at the intersection of the East/West and Europe/Asia transport routes. Its position is advantageous as a major hub for the transit of goods and passengers between Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. Its favorable geographical location, its developed agribusiness sector and its large deposits of minerals are the prerequisites for rapid growth in the exports of products and raw materials.
Over the past 10 years, the transport sector has undergone dramatic changes. As a result, the administration systems of public sector transport monopolies show continuous improvement, the forms of investment in the transport and infrastructure development have been expanded, and the private sector's involvement in transportation is gaining momentum.
Our lawyers monitor the industry legislation on an ongoing basis, participate in discussions with market stakeholders on the most noteworthy challenges. Arzinger's constant involvement in the ongoing processes of the industry allows us to assess innovations in the relevant legislation at the expert level as well as to participate in drafting amendments to laws and regulations. Arzinger's experts were involved in the development of many draft laws and regulations on port, river, and railway issues.
Our long-term cooperation with transport infrastructure companies allows us to deeply understand our clients' needs as well as all aspects of their activities. Therefore, we are able to offer tailor-made solutions related to any transport industry.
Our experience allows us to provide high-level legal support for both local investment projects for the development of strategic port infrastructure, port terminal superstructure, construction of port railway infrastructure facilities, airport terminal infrastructure, and large-scale projects related to the development of public railway transport, national projects for the development of public roads on PPP terms, etc.
Arzinger's lawyers were involved in the World Bank's projects to introduce concessions of passenger stations in 8 cities of Ukraine, the World Bank's project to implement the first phase of the "National Road Program of Ukraine. Involvement of the Private Sector in Modernization, Maintenance and Operation of Roads", according to which the first 6 PPP-based pilot projects were identified.
As a legal partner of the EBA Logistics Committee in Ukraine for railway transport, Arzinger provides support to the private sector in relations with state authorities and natural transport monopolists.
- advising on effective mechanisms for attracting private investment for infrastructure facilities in the port, river, rail, aviation, and road sectors
- legal support at all stages of project implementation, including based on various models of public-private partnership, concession or privatization, public property lease (project structuring, preparation of necessary documents, legal assets due diligence, development of strategies, participation in negotiations, risk identification and assessment, etc.)
- due assets or business diligence and tax expertise
- legal support for construction of investment property, including the drafting of necessary agreements
- advising on land issues
- legal support in obtaining permits and licenses required for project implementation
- advising on regulatory issues and certain aspects of risk management and competition law
- legal support of transportation, handling (transshipment) of goods, weighing, inspection of ships
- dispute resolution and arbitration
- GR support