Arzinger is one of the leading law firms in Ukraine that provide legal services to stakeholders and investors in the energy market. Our professional expertise in the energy sector is featured in Energy Community, Chambers & Partners, IFL 1000, and The Legal 500.
Our energy team has extensive experience of working with major private energy companies in Ukraine. They participated in antitrust investigations, litigations and arbitration disputes in the electricity market, accompanied electricity and coal exports, trading transactions with energy resources in the EU, purchase and sale of electricity in Ukraine, and engaged in the development of legislation on electricity market liberalization.
We provide legal assistance to national and foreign companies working in the oil & gas and electricity markets, in particular renewable energy producers and companies operating in cogeneration – combined electricity and heat production. Our clients include a powerful company implementing investment projects in geological exploration, a company of an international energy and petrochemical group operating in oil & gas production, a world leader in energy product trading, an independent oil & gas exploration and production company in Ukraine, and many others.
- Representation in litigations and arbitrations
- Support of antitrust investigations
- Support of customs clearance, taxation, licensing and certification of energy activities
- Privatization, asset acquisition, restructuring, and construction
- ENERGY ANTITRUST: Legal support of investigations and cases of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine on abuses of monopoly by energy market participants and anti-competitive concerted actions among undertakings in the same market; obtaining permits for concerted actions and mergers; appeals against public procurement in the AMCU and courts.
- ENERGY DISPUTES: Representation of investors in arbitration disputes, defence of energy market participants in court: Participation in disputes arising from the production, supply, distribution of electricity and gas, disputes with the regulator – the National Commission for State Regulation of Energy and Utilities, disputes with the system operator, litigations with the auction office on granting access to the transmission capacity of the interstate electricity networks of Ukraine for the export and import of electricity.
- ENERGY M&A & INVESTMENTS: Legal support of mergers and acquisitions in the electricity and gas markets, developing optimal corporate structures for energy market participants, with due regard to tax aspects; structuring transactions, creating an effective corporate governance model and advising on all corporate governance issues; holding general meetings; legal advice and assistance in matters of corporatization and asset restructuring, simple and syndicated lending; real estate construction & acquisition financing; project financing.
- REGULATORY: Advising on interaction with the regulator – the National Commission for State Regulation of Energy and Utilities: obtaining licenses, carrying out inspections of compliance with licensed activities, "energy audit" – inspection of compliance with license terms, development of measures to minimize liability risks.