Representation in the European Court of Human Rights
How to win an already lost case
The number of complaints our citizens file with the European Court of Human Rights has been increasing steadily due to the obvious reasons within the national jurisdiction.
Many can recognize themselves and their own situations in the categories of cases considered by the European Court of Human Rights against Ukraine.
The European Convention of Human Rights guarantees a mechanism for protecting the inalienable rights that have been violated in a treaty country.
Every person (an individual or a legal entity) or an association of persons (sometimes even a state), which believes that his/her rights and interests guaranteed by the European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms and its Protocols have been violated by a treaty country may apply to the European Court of Human Rights.
Arzinger has been representing individuals and legal entities in the European Convention of Human Rights for more than 10 years.
Arzinger provides legal assistance in the preparation of applications to the European Court of Human Rights on behalf of individuals whose conventional rights have been violated by the state, but who cannot pay for legal services relating to their application to the European Court of Human Rights.
A complaint about violation of a conventional right will be considered by the European Court of Human Rights, provided that:
- the compliant is drawn up in accordance with the requirements of the Convention;
- the complaint has been filed no later than 6 months after you have exhausted all effective remedies within the national legal system;
- the complaint is admissible and meets the requirements of the conventional remedies.
In addressing the European Court of Human Rights on your behalf Arzinger’s lawyers:
- establish whether the grounds for appeal to the European Court of Human Rights are reasonable;
- study the case law of the European Court of Human Rights in relation to your matter;
- qualify the violation of your rights under the Convention and suggest options and amounts of fair compensation to word the claims accordingly;
- draw up and file an application with the European Court of Human Rights on your behalf;
- communicate with the European Court of Human Rights on your behalf as well as prepare explanations on the objections of the Government of the respondent State;
- ensure that the decision of the European Court of Human Rights is enforced in the national jurisdiction;
- take additional steps to protect your rights in the national jurisdiction based on the decision of the European Court of Human Rights.
We believe that European legal consciousness and an understanding of the approach taken by the Court in its proceedings are required to represent your interests in the European Court of Human Rights.
The legal team of Arzinger comprises specialists in different areas of law, who obtained their education both in Ukraine and abroad. Their expertise as well as business contacts with foreign colleagues and fluency in European languages have laid the foundation to the necessary arsenal of solutions, one of which is sure to help you.