Our company has been consulting clients on matters related to processing and protection of personal data for many years. We serve as a guide for our clients in the labyrinth of Ukrainian and international legislation, which are to a certain extent similar, yet contain a number of fundamental differences, which creates substantial difficulties, especially for international companies, which either operate inUkraineor deal with Ukrainian partners.
We possess a unique expertise in realization of projects related to personal data processing and protection in the following industries:
- Hospitality and tourism.
Due to our deep specialization in these spheres of business and understanding of the particularities of processing of personal data in each of them, we offer our clients high-level services, using models and procedures, which are proven to work in practice and are harmonized with the legislation of the European Union.
The work in this sphere became more active and reached a new level after ratification by Ukraine of the European Convention for the Protection of Individuals with regard to Automatic Processing of Personal Data and further adoption of the Law of Ukraine “On Protection of Personal Data”, which became effective in 2011.
Despite the fact that this Law is oriented on the European Union legislation, it contains a number of provisions, which cause significant difficulties at fulfilling its requirements in practice. Therefore, attorneys of Arzinger, based on our experience and knowledge of international standards, were one of the first, who initiated introduction of amendments to this Law and actively continue to take part in various working groups, aimed at elaborating amendments, which will allow adapting the Law to Ukrainian realities and making it workable.
- Identification of personal data filing systems and their optimization;
- Drafting the internal procedure of protection of personal data;
- Drafting standard documents, related to protection of personal data (consent of an individual, notification to an individual on his/her rights etc.);
- Registration of personal data filing systems with the State Service of Ukraine on Personal Data Protection;
- Conducting trainings for clients’ employees on issues of protection and processing of personal data;
- Rendering consultations to Ukrainian and foreign companies on issues of protection and processing of personal data;
- Review of effective global and regional procedures on protection of personal data as regards their compliance with the legislation ofUkraineand their relevant adaptation.
Due to our expertise and impeccable reputation on the market, Arzinger was invited to take part in the preparation of an international guide dedicated to the issues of protection of personal data – Getting the Deal Through – Data Protection and Privacy 2013, which will for the first time address the Ukrainian legislation on personal data protection.
Among clients of our personal data protection practice we can highlight the following world leaders in their respective sectors: Citibank, Walt Disney, Schwarzmüller, Bayer, MSD, Servier and Lumesse GmbH.