PRACTICES: Public Private Partnership, Infrastructure
INDUSTRIES: Energy and Natural Resources Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy,
Phone: +38 044 390 55 33
- National University “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy”, Department of Law
Maryna Ilchuk is Head of Energy and Natural Resources; and Public Private Partnership departments at Arzinger.
Maryna advises domestic and foreign clients operating in the area of Energy, Oil & Gas on a broad range of legal and regulatory issues. She provides full service legal advice on the entire lifecycle of the energy companies, paying substantial attention to the commercial and technical aspects of the energy industry.
Maryna has substantial experience in renewable energy projects , representing both investors,target companies, EPC-contractors, advising on various legal issues related to the production and sale of renewable energy, equipment imports, warranty on the supplied equipment, increase of capacities and reconstruction of property; assisting in obtaining licenses and other permits; legal due diligence; transaction structuring, and acquisition of such projects.
Maryna also advises industry and public sector on implementation of energy-efficient projects
Maryna supported projects for structuring the relationship of public and private partners, in particular, cooperation of foreign investors with state enterprises and authorities. Maryna has experience in energy disputes, where she represented the State.
Maryna is the author of numerous publications in different specialized business and legal issues relating to Energy, Oil & Gas, as well as Public Private Partnership. She is an active contributor to the Arzinger’s guides (Energy service contracts. Possibilities and prospects in Ukraine, Energy Law Guide; Energy service contracts. Possibilities and prospects in Ukraine, Biogas Production and Use in Ukraine, etc). Also, Maryna is a regular participant in conferences associated with Energy and Natural Resources, Public Private Partnership, energy investments in Ukraine, Oil & Gas disputes, as well as energy efficiency and renewable energy in Ukraine. She is a member of international and Ukrainian industrial energy, oil and gas associations, thus, being aware of latest trends and having valuable insights into the energy sector.
Maryna is Vice-chairman of the Board and a legal advisor of the European-Ukrainian Energy Agency (EUEA) and supports actively the development of renewables and energy efficiency in Ukraine. EUEA has been established as a non-commercial organization and a stable platform for joint actions of the EU and Ukraine to facilitate the sustainable development, energy efficiency and modern environmental technologies.
Recognition and awards:
- Chambers Europe (2016,2017) recommends Maryna in Energy and Natural Resources.
- Who´s Who Legal (2017) recommends Maryna in the sphere of Energy
- Ukrainian Law Firms 2016. A Handbook For Foreign Clients lists Maryna among notable practitioners in Energy and Natural Resources.
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN)
- International Bar Association (IBA), Publications Officer of the Oil and Gas Law Committee
- European-Ukrainian Energy Agency (EUEA), Vice-chairman of the Board
- Associated European Energy Consultants (AEEC)
- Bioenergy Association of Ukraine (BAU)
- Ukrainian Bar Association (UBA)
- Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
languages: Ukrainian, Russian, English, and German