Nowadays retail sector is under tough competitive and compliance pressure. Supermarkets, shopping centers, retail outlets, consumer goods producers and importers are seeking for strategic advice on the challenging issues that retail sector deals with. And that is what our clients rely on us for.
Having unique geographic footprint through offices in major cities: Kyiv, Lviv andOdessa, Arzinger is ideally placed to help our client enter and expand their presence on Ukrainian market.
The multi-disciplinary retail team at Arzinger supports clients on the most complex legal and tax issues with due consideration on specificity of each retail chain: F&B, clothing and footwear, accessories, farm production, pharmaceuticals, household chemicals, consumer electronics etc.
Our experience covers:
- foods safety standards affecting manufacturers, retailers and importers;
- regulatory compliance and regulatory investigations;
- licensing, certification, market extension and divestiture;
- product liability;
- environmental protection issues affecting manufacturers;
- trade law issues, protection of competition;
- breach of advertising regulations, including comparative and misleading advertising;
- dispute resolution in domestic courts and arbitration institutions around the globe;
- M&A and joint ventures;
- Global franchising chains;
- Development of import and export multi-jurisdictional taxation structures for tax optimization;
- Debt financing and debt subordination;
- IP protection;
- Real estate matters: construction, acquisition, lease, sale and leasebacks of outlets, supermarkets, shopping centers, warehouses etc.