Energy and Natural Resources
Arzinger has a strong track record in legal support for the companies in energy, oil and gas industry. In particular, our lawyers provided wide-ranging legal support for the activity of the largest international and vertically integrated oil company in Ukraine, including: customs clearance; taxation; pipeline, railway and automotive transportation and delivery of oil and oil products; refinery operations; wholesale and retail network marketing; licensing and certification.
Arzinger was highly rated in the practice area Energy and Natural Resources by “Ukrainian Law Firms2012. AHandbook for Foreign Clients.”
Our wealth of expertise includes the legal support for acquisition and sale of well-known wholesale and retail oil products networks; privatization of refineries and distribution facilities; restructuring of major companies within the energy sector and others.
We render legal services for natural gas extraction and distribution, liquefied gas transportation, power generation and distribution, export and transit of energy; we also consult on gas drainage projects.
Our attorneys have represented the Ministry of Fuel and Energy of Ukraine and other state authorities ofUkraine; we have also supported both domestic and overseas companies in litigation and arbitration cases related to energy.
In addition, we have vast experience in real estate and land transactions, tax and finance, mergers and acquisitions, corporate law, and IPR protection, which enables us to provide comprehensive solutions for energy projects.
Basing on our experience and knowledge of the peculiarities of the industry we can offer our clients the following professional legal services:
- The full scope of legal support for exploration, production, distribution and transportation of oil, gas and other natural resources
- Legal support for the establishment of joint ventures, concessions and other forms of business structure in the energy and subsoil sector
- Development of the full range of production agreements (sale and purchase, exploitation, exploration, concession, production sharing, services provided by contractors and subcontractors, etc.)
- Legal support for acquisitions, structuring and sale of all kinds of assets
- Advising on project financing in the power sector; application of various investment and credit schemes
- Trial, pretrial and alternative resolution of disputes arising in connection with contract and out-of-contract relations
- Legal due diligence of targets, document review, analysis of financial and legal risks
- Tax structuring of projects
Arzinger is a member of the Associated European Energy Consultants – an international network for leading law and consultancy firms across the European continent, with hands-on experience and valuable insights into the energy sector as well as in related spheres, such as municipal service provision, communications and environmental law.