Phone: +38 032 242 96 96
- Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Dr. jur.
- Stockholm University, LL.M.
- World Trade Institute, Bern, Switzerland, Master in International Law and Economics (MILE).
- Lviv National Ivan Franko University, Faculties of Law and International Relations; Diploma of Interpreter of English, German, French and Polish
Markian Malskyy, attorney-at-law, Dr. jur., Partner, Head of West-Ukrainian Branch, Head of Arbitration (since 2010), Dispute Resolution and Agriculture practices at Arzinger Law Office. He specializes in providing legal support in investment projects (commercial, real estate and corporate law matters) as well as representing clients’ interests before judicial authorities of Ukraine and dispute settlement under the procedures of commercial and investment arbitration.
He has extensive experience in corporate dispute settlement in the energy sector, contractual disputes, trade and real estate disputes, enforcement of foreign court judgments and arbitral awards, real estate and M&A transactions. As an attorney-at-law he represented one of the major oil producing company of the Russian Federation in a dispute on collection of more than 200 million USD of losses caused by improper execution of the shareholders agreement. He handled cases under the Arbitration Rules of ICSID, ICC, SCC, UNCITRAL, LCIA and ICAC. In total Markian Malskyy has been involved in settlement of over 300 disputes.
Prior to joining Arzinger attorney-at-law Malskyy worked as a lawyer in the international arbitration team in the firm Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in Paris.
In 2012 Markian Malskyy has obtained his doctoral degree (Dr. jur.) with thesis: “Arbitration agreement as condition for dispute resolution in international commercial arbitration” at the Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University.
- Vienna International Arbitral Centre
- Dubai International Arbitration Centre
- Czech Arbitration Court
- Arbitration Center of Mexico
- Nowy Tomyśl Chamber of Commerce (Poland)
- Kazakhstan International Arbitrage
Markian Malskyy is an Of counsel of the Head of the Lviv Regional State Administration for foreign economic activity.
Markian Malskyy is the author of two books on commercial dispute settlement, published more than 70 legal articles.He is an often speaker at different seminars and conferences. He also serves an officer in a number of active non-profit organizations. In addition Mr.Malskyy is a member of the organizing committee of the annual Lviv international economic forum.
Mr. Malskyy has managed the German translation of the Rules of the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
The monograph "ARBITRATION AGREEMENT. Theoretical and Practical Aspects" (in Ukrainian) by Markian Malskyy has been published in 2013.
Recognition and awards:
- Chambers Global 2013: recommended in dispute resolution
- Chambers Europe 2013, 2014: recommended in dispute resolution
- The Legal 500 - Europe, Middle East & Africa 2013: recognised as experienced ADR practitioner in the Dispute resolution chapter
- “Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients” 2012, 2013: is mentioned among the leading experts in international arbitration, transport and infrastructure, agriculture, and international trade
- Legal market research Client Choice 2012-2013 by "Yurydychna Gazeta": is among TOP-100 lawyers of Ukraine and is recognized as the leading expert for litigation and international arbitration
- Named Attorney-at-law of the year 2011 by «RIA-Lviv»
- RIA Young Top-Managers Rating 2012 : is second among ten young and promising personalities who became successful in their profession and were appointed to management positions due to their hard work.
- Best Lawyers 2013: recommends in the sphere of international arbitration
- Rating “Ukrainian Law Firms” of the magazine “Yuridicheskaya Praktika: is recognized by the study “16 Ukrainian Young and Promising Lawyers 2012” and among the TOP-5 international arbitration attorneys of Ukraine
- Is recognized among Top 50 most authoritative persons of Lviv region by «RIA-Lviv»
- Member of the Board of the Lviv Division of the Ukrainian Bar Association
- Member of the Board of the Ukrainian Arbitration Association
- Deputy Chairman of the European Business Association (EBA) Western Ukrainian Branch in Lviv
- Chairman of the EBA Western Ukrainian Branch Legal Committee
- Member of Council of Local and Foreign Investors attached to the Lviv Regional State Administration
- Associate at the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Head of the Lviv Regional Office of the Association for Resistance to Unfair Competition (ARUC)
- Member of the Lviv Oblast Bar Association
- Association of Attorneys-at-law of Ukraine
- International Bar Association
- Deputy Head of Legal of the ICC Ukraine Regional Representative Office in Lviv Region
LANGUAGES: Ukrainian, Russian, English, German, French and Polish